Following an incredible dinner at the James Beard House in New York City earlier this month, Vegans, Baby will bring the Vegas Vegan dinner to Las Vegas. The culinary event for vegans and non-vegans alike will be hosted at CATCH inside Aria Resort & Casino on Wednesday, August 21, and will feature the same five celebrated chefs and five extravagant dishes and wine pairings for an innovative plant-based experience.
The evening will begin at 6:30 p.m. with a reception featuring passed appetizers and champagne, followed by a five-course dinner, presented by Las Vegas chefs Andrew Carroll of CATCH Las Vegas, Brian Howard of Sparrow + Wolf, Oscar Amador of EDO Gastro Tapas & Wine, Vincent Pellerin of Partage and Yuri Szarzewski of Eatt Gourmet Bistro.
The menu will feature:
- Chilled Sweet Pea, Spinach, and Mint Soup with Basil-Mint Foam and Fresh Strawberries paired with Albert Bichot Les Vaillons Premier Cru Chablis NV – Chef Yuri Szarzewski, Eatt Gourmet Bistro
- Sake-Compressed Watermelon with Ginger-Wasabi Sorbet, Sea Beans, Yuzu Soy, and Heirloom Tomatoes paired with Sōtō Super Premium Junmai Daiginjo Sake NV – Chef Andrew Carroll, CATCH
- Marinated White Asparagus and Salsify with Warm Cashew Chutney and Muhammara paired with Ciù Ciù Merlettaie Offida Pecorino DOC NV – Chef Brian Howard, Sparrow + Wolf
- Arroz Meloso con Setas Bomba Rice with Morel and Chanterelle Mushrooms and Australian Black Truffle paired with Raul Perez Ultreia St. Jacques Mencía 2016 – Chef Oscar Amador, EDO Gastro Tapas & Wine
- Chocolate Sphere with Coconut Mousse and Candied Pineapple paired with Albert Bichot Crémant de Bourgogne Brut Réserve NV – Chef Vincent Pellerin, Partage
“Following the success of the July dinner, I wanted to showcase these talented chefs and gorgeous dishes to the people of Las Vegas so they can experience what those in New York City at James Beard Foundation could,” said Vegans, Baby Founder Diana Edelman.
Tickets are $140 (including sales tax and gratuity) and can be purchased on Eventbrite. A portion of the proceeds will benefit Hearts Alive Village Las Vegas, a non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing and rehabilitating homeless dogs and cats.
About Vegans, Baby
Vegans, Baby, launched by Diana Edelman in May 2016, is a multi-faceted endeavor to make being vegan in Las Vegas and beyond easier through an online guide; community events; a vegan dining month uniting restaurants with vegans/vegan-curious/foodies; local and international vegan food tours; and the newly released second edition of the Las Vegas Vegan Food Guide 2019. Penned by Edelman, the guide covers the best vegan dining options in the city and is available for purchase on Amazon (free on Kindle Unlimited; $7 on Kindle and $19.99 in print) and available for the Nook, iTunes and more. Vegans, Baby provides consulting services for restaurants to extend their outreach to the vegan community and Edelman frequently travels around the world to speak on the vegan lifestyle and how to be a positive leader for change. For more information about Vegans, Baby, visit www.vegansbaby.com; like on Facebook @vegansbaby; and follow on Instagram @vegansbaby, Twitter @vegansbaby and Pinterest @vegansbaby.
Hearts Alive Village
Located in the heart of Las Vegas, Hearts Alive Village, strives to secure loving and stable homes for dogs and cats at risk of being lost in the shelter system. Our main goal is to provide a second chance to pets that would likely perish in the shelter due to medical or behavioral reasons. When possible, we take in dogs and cats from private individuals due to personal crisis or death. With the help of dedicated volunteers and partnerships with veterinarians, we provide helpless pets medical care, a safe space, time to heal physically and mentally, then work to find new homes where they will never be vulnerable again.